Sunday 1 April 2012

Chaplain Dreadnought WIP

Another work in progress post, my Chaplain Dreadnought.

He's coming along slowly, I've mainly concentrated on the bones and skulls so far, and I'm pretty happy with how they look. I've built them up from a Dhenab Stone base and just added white gradually. I'm wondering whether to give them a wee wash to tie them together a little and then a final highlight... so far I'm 50/50! 

Since this picture I've done more of the metal work, and the wings look pretty good. I'll be finishing modelling the base soon, be covered in stones like my other dreads. I've also, for the first time, had a go at doing the plasma energy bit on the plasma cannon. I love the cold blue look for plasma weapons so got some ice blue. So far its not too bad, so we'll see how it goes and if successful I can start relaying that scheme to my other plasma weapons. 

Probably won't be doing much painting for the next two days as tonight is Wresltemaina, so me and a group of friends shall be enjoying that, and by the time I get up tomorrow it'll be club time so tourney game number 3! Its me and Alun with his BT, versus Carl and his GK's and Ryans SW's.... Ouch!


  1. I have always liked this model... looking forward to seeing how he turns out.

    Ron, FTW

  2. Man as soon as I saw this model on FW I knew I had to own it. I'm a bit daunted at painting black, I've tried many years ago and didn't have much success so been reading up on a few of the posts you've done on it, fingers crossed it'll come out ok!