Tuesday 13 December 2011

Monday Night Action

This week I took a week off, partly because I had no game set up, but also because I'm taking part in a multi-player battle next week and as there was one tonight I could see how it all worked and get some tips. The armies taking part were an alliance of Imperial Guard and Grey Knights (who I'll be taking on next week) versus two chaos factions, Nurgle and Tzeentch, and Orks.

This was the table layout and the deployment, 3000 pts a side.

Heres a shot of the battle not far before it ends. The Imperial alliance won 9-3/4 on kill points, a brutal beating for chaos. What did I learn from it? Imperial Guard have firepower. Ouch. Tank killing will be a priority, I'm thinking of going for a static firebase and shooting back as good as I get. This may overwhelm me, but we'll see how it goes. My best strength so far is reacting to the enemy in a positive way, and this will probably be the best way forward. I'm teaming up with a very hard hitting space wolf force so we may go for a refused flank style plan. Grey Knights are ridiculous. The amount of shots they get when they deep strike are absolutely insane, any tips against these are most welcome!

Also tonight a couple of the guys played some Nedcromunda... I haven't played this in years!

Here they are getting everything ready, Delaques vs Arbites I believe!

I think the Delaques won, and they also played a second game but I wasn't there to see the outcome as bed was calling! Its made me want to play again, I'm sure I've got some Goliaths and Van Saar somewhere... Investigate I shall!

So a 3000pt battle next week with 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 if everyone turns up as there were a couple missing. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment