Thursday 4 June 2020

Hive Guard Outriders and Chimera Crane Conversion

Welcome back! Its been a slightly productive time since I last posted, the cavalry bases I had worked on now have the bikes on top! Theres four with Escher heads and four with Orlock heads, I did consider using some of the gang arms but the mining suits look so good I thought I'd keep them to enhance the mining side of gangs.

 The bases needed a little work afterwards to get the bikes to sit on them and then I added some gravel just so it looked like the bases had been out in the open or on the edge of the Hive for a little while
 Most of the heads fit fairly well onto the bodies but I did add a little ball of green stuff to make sure they fit better.
 Some of the Escher hair styles needed a trim mind!
 I plan on getting these finished in the next couple of weeks, I've got a lot of ideas I'm thinking of not just for 40k/Necromunda but D&D and the mind is constantly battling on what to think about!
 I'm also tempted to get three more boxes at some point so I can have 20 bikers, the Quads I'll use as sentinals and may use the spare two as utility vehicles.
 Speaking of utility vehicles....

I've got the Chimera Crane done, added a couple of little bits and I'm happy with how it looks. Its a little rough, but thats not a bad thing as it fits in with the 'urban survival' theme with Necromunda and making use of what you find.
 I added some plasticard underneath the crane itself and completely flattened the top of the Chimera to get a better fit.
This can be used for Necromunda, to theme a 40k board too in an industrial zone or where many containers may lie like a ship yard or storage facility. 

Thats pretty much what I've been working on for the last few days as well as some D&D writing.... some backstory for gods of all things! Coming up I'll have some D&D themed posts and more updates on 40k and Necromunda projects. I may even get some photos from Bam to show his orks off and some backstory to our upcoming campaign, which may wait until 9th is out as the Crusade ideas sound quite interesting so we shall see!

What have you fellow humans been working on? How do you feel about 9th edition Warhammer 40,000?

No comments:

Post a Comment