Thursday 17 July 2014

Batrep: SM vs DE and 'Da Plan'

Ah those accursed Dark Eldar. Aluns getting cocky now that hes won a a couple of games in a row, and we can't be having that! After an enlightening trip to Morroco and gazing at the Ultramar system from the Sahara, he sent me a vox to issue a challange. I accepted! 2k points, using the new tactical objectives. 


Deployment above, and yes, thats a landing pad! Purchased off the blogging worlds very own Combat Doctrine. I've gone for a very rusty effect as it'll be used more as terrain than anything, but I did try it out in this game.


Alun leapt out to a lead in the early goings, objectives going his way and jumping out to a 3-0 start straight away. I respond by being aggressive with some drop pods landing in his deployment, but failing in attracting more attetnion away from his main attack. Dammit!


My vindicare did nothing all day, and so he deserves not to be in this post. Bloody jink saves! The game was never really that close, whenever I thought able to just sneak closer Alun got some useful objectives and claimed them, and I think it finished about 12-6. I'm still very much getting to grips with using Imperial Guard as allies or as a force, and I think when we play next it'll be just marines! He needs a good kicking to bring him back down, he's already muttering about going to Terra to get some slaves...


Bam below demonstrating his kusomising skills making some orky vehicles. We've decided to do a demo game of Gorkamorka at a convention in Newport this year called Dragondaze, so we're both gonna be making some vehicles and buildings to use for it. 


Thats all for now, although a weekend down Cwmbran at the Crow Valley Crusaders is approaching and I'm sure I'll have a lot to speak about, and I'll also be posting about X-wing very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment