Sunday 6 October 2013

Chapter Master WIP, Batrep and Flying

And so another week has passed us by, so I thought I'd do a little update as to what I've been doing. Last monday, myself and Bam had a game at club, both of us experiementing a little. I'd taken a Chapter Master with Burning Blade and Eternal Shield, Blasma cannon devs (normally Bams unit) and drop podded tactical squads. Bam was taking a lot of shooty terminators, and also some drop podding tactical squads. This would prove bloody and a bit of a grin!


I think the most memorable moment was my Chapter Master finishing off a Predator and then confidently charging into some tactical marines. There were two left, easy. I rolled five attacks, missed with all but ONE. Roll to wound, st 7 ap 2, failed to wound. Bam laughed. I didn't have much luck in this game to be fair but I don't remember Bams dice being too memorable. We scrapped over the The Relic but the game ended with neither of us capturing it and Bam winning 2-1 due to first blood. Both our Warlords were alive and we both had Linebreaker. Brutal affair but I think we both enjoyed!


And a couple of WIP pics of my new Chapter Master! I'm still not a fan of being too decorative but I used parts from the Vanguard and Sternguard kits to make him, I love this head and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the right one.


Also, fire is a pain in the arse to sculpt. Its not too bad but perhaps is a little large, but ah well. Its quite striking and looks ok on the near finished piece... thats the main! I'll take some better images when he's finished as theres still some tidying up to do.

Also this week, I took a flight to Los Santos. 


Yep, GTA Online is now available and its been quite good so far except for some of the technical issues. I've been saving for my own place in there so I have a safehome, and playing with mates on there is a blast. We've had a couple of deathmatches, races, and doing missions with friends is great fun too. 

This week I still have a batrep from a few weeks ago against Aluns Eldar I need to get uploaded, I may get another game in on Monday too and we'll see in the week what happens. We'll be having an event for South Wales based clubs too early November so fingers crossed we'll see how that turns out. But for now back to business plan writing for me. Laters!

3 comments:

  1. I like the sword and think it looks cool, when I sculpt fire, I usually use a pulling method until it is about where I want it to be, then hang it upside down to cure. Then I come back ans cut and carve until it is just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I didn't think to wait til it had hardened and then carve it a bit more... impatience strikes! I'll deffo try that next time though man cheers!

      Delete
  2. Dude, I really like it! I've never sculpted green stuff so I think you've done a cracking job. Great tip from TJ too.

    How're you getting on with the rest if the vets? I've managed to lose 20 MK 6 I'd snipped off the sprue :-(

    ReplyDelete